Friday 3 June 2011

Elf Haul + Friend's Farewell Dinner

I've been so busy lately and didn't have a chance to post up recent purchases ~

My e.l.f haul came in by mail a few days after my Bare Minerals haul came in =)





The brushes are super soft and good quality considering the super cheap price.  I purchased the Mineral Powder Brush, Mineral Angled Blush Brush, the Mineral Complexion Brush, and the Studio Kabuki Brush.  I got them when they were on sale for 50% off, so each brush was $2.50 USD! Nonetheless, I'd still say the Bare Mineral brushes were better because they have more precision when applying and they grab more product out of the containers.  The Bare Mineral brushes are about 10x as expensive though, so if you're on a budget, I would suggest the elf brushes since they're really good quality and so much cheaper.  Right now, elf is having another Minerals 50% off sale, which will be ending soon on June 6th.

I'll be posting up a review of all my mineral foundations soon, including my Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Loose Powder.  

Last Saturday, my friend from high school invited me and a few other friends for a little dinner get-together at his house.  He's leaving to Toronto soon for his new job at the Bank of Canada, so the dinner was a small farewell dinner.  He prepared all the food with his sister, and they were so delicious!


The plate setting was so cute!


After dinner, we played a board game called Dix It.  It really brought back a lot of memories, because back then in high school, we would always play board games when we had our little gatherings. Makes me feel so old haha ^o^""


This game was basically a storytelling game.  We each received 6 random cards.  The first team would put out a card that's flipped over and give out a "hint" as to what the card may reveal.  For example, someone may say, "Harry's enemy".  And then we each choose a card out of the 6 cards that we have that may have something to do with that hint.  After we put out all our cards, they are shuffled and then flipped over to reveal the pictures.  Next, we each choose the card that we believe is the Storyteller's card (the first team who gave out the hint) and whoever guesses the right card gets the points, and for those who put out a card that tricked others in believing that it was the Storyteller's card, they get points as well =)

It was a very entertaining game and my team won in the end ^__^

Anyways, I wish my friend luck and success in his new job in Toronto.  Hopefully, he'll be back to visit sometime soon =)

No comments:

Post a Comment