Friday 20 May 2011

ASUS + Stanley Cup Playoffs + Night Market

It's been more than a month since my last blogpost. I've been so busy with teaching piano and various other events and activities that I didn't have a chance to update ^^"
I've also recently caught a cold, so I'm still on the brink of recovering ~

At the moment while I'm writing this post, I'm watching the Canucks - San Jose hockey game and I'd have to say our performance is not very good today.  The score's 3-0 San Jose right now, and I'm just waiting for the 3rd period to start.  Hopefully, the Canucks will make an awesome comeback in the last period =) ... We're sooo close to the Stanley Cup, we can't lose now xD

But I guess since we're winning the series 2-0, it's not a huge problem as long as we play well in the next few games...it's very rare to win 4 games in a row ~

ALEX BURROW JUST SCORED!! haha it's 3-1 now ~
Ahh... San Jose scored another one in the 5 on 3 powerplay =(
Too many penalties in this game ><
OMGGG 4-3 !!!! Com'on Canucks! Just one more!!

...and the game ends with 4-3 San Jose ~
Vancouver's leading the series at 2-1

Haha excuse me for the commentary above xD I was just too over-excited ^^"
Anyways, I made various purchases during the past month, including a new computer, some cosmetics, and a few clothing items, which I'll post up reviews for very soon ~

I'll start off with the new desktop that I bought last month. I was debating on whether I should get the custom desktops from Cyber Power PC, but I guess my budget didn't allow it =P
Their computers are great for gaming and I heard a lot of good things about them.  I really wanted either Intel Core i7-960 or AMD Phenom II X6, but... I guess I'll have to settle down with something cheaper for the time being.


The reason that I decided to get a new computer was because my laptop was getting very old. I've been using it since I started university, so that's about 5 years now. 

It's been a very loyal computer and never completely died on me, but it was excruciatingly slow, to the point that I would have to wait 15 minutes for it to start up, and another 10 minutes to start up a program.  It would also constantly freeze on me.  


Here it is, Toshiba Satellite A200-AH6





And here's my new computer: ASUS Essentio CM1630-08



and my Samsung 23" LED monitor:
 

fresh out of the box still in its packaging ♥





The reason I decided to buy a desktop instead of a laptop was that it's generally faster, without being too pricey.  A laptop with simlar attributes would've costed me a lot more ~
Compared to my old laptop, this is faster at least 10x.  So now I don't have to wait a long time for my programs to start up and I can finish everything at a much better pace.. and I can finally watch dramas/ animes/ MVs in HD with no lagging at all =)

I'm really glad that I invested on the monitor as well, since it's big enough for me to sit on my bed while watching videos.  And I love its 2ms response time which makes everything seem even faster xD

On a side note, the Richmond nightmarket opened last Friday.  I went on the opening night and although there wasn't very many people and some stalls were not set up yet, it was still very lively =)  I love the food there, although the Strawberry egg waffles (gai dan jai) were a bitter disappointment ^^".  I guess they were so busy so the waffle that I had was undercooked and tasted very soggy o___o

Hopefully next time it'll be better.  I remember it was soooo good last year xD ~

I was hoping to go again this weekend, but I'll have to see how fast I heal with my current cold.  Hopefully, it won't develop into a flu @@.  But it's strange to get a cold when the weather's so nice and warm... and it's very rare for me to get a cold too ~ well I guess everyone gets sick sometime =)

No comments:

Post a Comment