Saturday 23 July 2011

My Canada Day Long Weekend - Part 1

Here's to an awfully delayed post on how I spent my Canada Day long weekend xD

On July 1st, I went to Victoria to celebrate Canada Day and stayed there for a night.  
It was a hectic morning since I decided to pack up everything in the morning of the trip! Haha always the procrastinator -- me.

Anyways, we managed to catch the 10am ferry.  Here's a few snapshots of the gorgeous scenery on the ferry.








The weather was truly beautiful on the day so it was the perfect day for travelling! =)

After we arrived in Victoria, we went to find a place for lunch since we didn't have breakfast in the morning.

We found an American style restaurant called Floyd's Diner.  I didn't manage to take a picture of the restaurant, but the ambience was beautiful -- a retro, Marilyn Monroe feel, which was perfect for a hot, sunny day xD






 I chose the popular BC Hash Browns.  The servings are huge!  I got a half order and it was still too big for me to finish all of it xD



After lunch, we went to check in at the Royal Scott Hotel.  We got a free upgrade to a suite with 2 beds (almost like two bedrooms), kitchen and everything.





..........................................................
...............................................
................................
..............

 Victoria is a beautiful city, and because it was Canada Day, there were lots of people on the streets.  The city was brimming with joy and celebration! 



Lots of people were already out by the Parliament Building, saving their spots for the late night fireworks!



I spotted the biggest dog I've ever seen in my life! It was as tall as my my waist. The poor thing was huffing and puffing ... with all that fur, it'll probably still be feeling very hot in the north pole!  But doesn't it look like a polar bear? xD it was so fluffffffy! (♥ o ♥)






In celebration of Canada day, everyone wore red and white!
I wish I wore red that day too xD


The Empress Hotel is a truly stunning hotel, with beautiful historic features and situated directly across the ocean.  One day, when I have the money, I'll definitely stay there for a night! =D




We also came across a gift shop that sells pretty interesting things...



I laughed when I saw this t-shirt.  A pretty interesting outlook on religions ... although it definitely may be offensive for some.


I just had to get a picture of this BMO bank in downtown, Victoria!  It gives off a royal, historic feeling, which I love. 


I wonder what this shop sells...


 Alright, that's it for Part 1 =)

I will post up part 2 tomorrow, which includes Victoria's Chinatown (one of the oldest Chinatowns in North America), the famous Miniature World, and the nightscene in Victoria ~

No comments:

Post a Comment